Agh! I’m so excited! Who knew that fibrous Oat Flour, Raw Sugar, No eggs, and halving the “butter” fat, could yield such delicious treats?? I don’t Miss ANY of the old ingredients. I’m Shocked. I believe these are even vegan and gluten-free!! (at least, they’re very low-gluton)
Bravo Bethenny! I loved you before for being a hilarious, intelligent woman with an inspirational fairytale that unfolded before my very eyes, but now I’m a Devotee! Of course, Chocolate sealed the deal. 😉
If you’re not familiar with Bethenny from BRAVO’s The Real Housewives of NYC and Bethenny Getting Maried, you must at least check out The Skinnygirl Dish from where I got this recipe. I bought this book because like me, Bethenny believes in eating real food.
To see step by step pictures of my baking process, click below 🙂
1) Introducing: The Ingredients
2) In a large bowl, I beat 1 stick non-dairy butter (which was the most questionable ingredient for me since I Love real butter), 1.5 cups raw sugar, 1 Banana, and 2 teaspoons real Vanilla extract, which made the mixture smell divine.
3) In a separate bowl, I stirred in 2 cups of the Oat Flour, 2/3rds cup of Cocoa Powder, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt. This is more salt than what Bethenny’s recipe calls for, but the butter didn’t have any in it and I love a slightly salty tinge to my cookies
4) I stirred the flour mixture into the butter mixture and then added Chocolate Chips
5) Then I spooned them on to a pan to bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. And Voila! Out they came looking and tasting like PERFECTION.
Can you tell? I’m very proud 🙂 After many failed baking attempts this past month, you’d be thrilled too!