Agh! I’m so excited! Who knew that fibrous Oat Flour, Raw Sugar, No eggs, and halving the “butter” fat, could yield such delicious treats?? I don’t Miss ANY of the old ingredients. I’m Shocked. I believe these are even vegan and gluten-free!! (at least, they’re very low-gluton)
Bravo Bethenny! I loved you before for being a hilarious, intelligent woman with an inspirational fairytale that unfolded before my very eyes, but now I’m a Devotee! Of course, Chocolate sealed the deal.
If you’re not familiar with Bethenny from BRAVO’s The Real Housewives of NYC and Bethenny Getting Maried, you must at least check out The Skinnygirl Dish from where I got this recipe. I bought this book because like me, Bethenny believes in eating real food.
To see step by step pictures of my baking process, click below
1) Introducing: The Ingredients
2) In a large bowl, I beat 1 stick non-dairy butter (which was the most questionable ingredient for me since I Love real butter), 1.5 cups raw sugar, 1 Banana, and 2 teaspoons real Vanilla extract, which made the mixture smell divine.
3) In a separate bowl, I stirred in 2 cups of the Oat Flour, 2/3rds cup of Cocoa Powder, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt. This is more salt than what Bethenny’s recipe calls for, but the butter didn’t have any in it and I love a slightly salty tinge to my cookies
4) I stirred the flour mixture into the butter mixture and then added Chocolate Chips
5) Then I spooned them on to a pan to bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. And Voila! Out they came looking and tasting like PERFECTION.
Can you tell? I’m very proud After many failed baking attempts this past month, you’d be thrilled too!