My Sister-n-Law from Cooking SF and I got down to business last weekend!
We attended the BlogHer Food conference in San Francisco, which was an incredible, sometimes overwhelming, and even times touching experience. I learned golden nuggets of information, met and listened to some rock stars of the food blogging world, and came home with a mountain of biz cards and new sites for my Bookmark bar! One of the key points emphasized at BlogHer was that the blog world is a very giving community. By nature of being a blog, you are giving information that informs and/or entertains. In the spirit of sharing, I’m listing my Top 10 favorite sites that I discovered at BlogHer.
In no particular order:
1) Piece of Cake: Clearly this is my kinda blog! Shauna’s a self-taught baker with completely tempting photos and delicious recipes on her site. :-9
2) Fashionably Bombed: I mean, how hilarious are these sisters? You can’t not smile watching their videos. For special cocktail recipes and infections fun, you must check out this site.
3) Picky Palate: This recipe blog inspires me because the author taught herself to cook later in life, after she was married. So there’s still hope for me! She features gorgeous, step-by-step photos with creative and delicious ideas.
4) Hey What’s for Dinner Mom: hilarious blogger with a strong voice and great sense of humor. Laura’s site aggregates other recipes with fun, thumbnail images for easing pickins. I am indebted to Laura for selling me my BlogHer tickets! Thank you!
5) My Favorite Everything: comes from a mommy-blogger and tastemaker who shares “simple tips, fresh ideas, and great products to make your busy life brighter.”
6) Kevin and Amanda: Darling husband and wife blog featuring recipes, scrapbook pages, and gorgeous photos all the while.
7) Lillian’s Test Kitchen: Fun and spunky Lillian cooks Grain-free, Dairy-free, Cane sugar-free, and Soy-free recipes on camera for the first time. For those with dietary restrictions, this is a great site for you!
8) Get Cooking Simply: was created by seasoned food professionals to help you cook simply with appealing and achievable recipes. A great resource for newbies in the kitchen!
9) Steamy Kitchen: Jaden is one of those food “rock stars” that I mentioned and you’ll clearly see why. At Steamy Kitchen you’re sure to get fast, fresh and easy recipes from a site that’s bursting with dynamism and joyful energy.
10) Leslie Sarna: and while I didn’t meet the “dainty vegetarian” at BlogHer, I can’t possibly list my new fave food blogs without giving my favorite one a shout-out! Leslie has one of the easiest sites to navigate with recipes that even I can cook. Love it!
In addition to networking, we ate… A LOT.
And then we felt like this:
So long BlogHer Food! I look forward to seeing you all next year and enjoying your blogs in the meantime!